Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sacrifice

There is a beautiful song by Elton John: Sacrifice where he sings It's no sacrifice at all... It's the best love song I've ever heard. Love might bring you pain but don't confuse it with sacrifice, it's not sacrifice, you're in it not for anyone's benefit but your own. It's all about you. And it's your responsibility. Yes it affects others but we can live together, love each other and work together towards common goals only if we know exactly what we want for ourselves, if we value ourselves with all the self-worth we are entitled too and it's a lot because God created us in their image. No less. So if I have this precious gift from God and if I honor God I can’t give it to someone else. It belongs to me it was given to me and me only and it's unique. And if you don't believe in God feel free to substitute God for Nature it's just the same.

No comments: